The Joliet Thunder Football Club was established in 1991 as the Chicago Thunder. A voluntary, Non-Profit, athletic organization. In 2017, after 25 years of playing in the immediate Chicago area, the Thunder have made Joliet our new home. As a proud member of the MSFL, MidStates Football League, we will play our home games at Joliet Memorial Stadium.
The Joliet Thunder are a developmental football program. Designed to help promote and advance the careers of both athletes and coaches. As well as to provide a venue for those who still love the sport of football.
The organization is solely responsible for generating the finances required to run the organization.
The Joliet Thunder has set many goals for itself beyond those of good sportsmanship and competitiveness.
These Goals Include:
• Develop and support the teaching or personal responsibility, genuine values and commitment to teamwork.
• Provide its members with the opportunity to be a part of a positive social environment.
• Encourage its members to volunteer for and partake in various community service projects.
• Establish and/or support a youth football camp program.
• Create a scholarship fund for young men and women that have achieved academic excellence.